seafood & maritime training
Forklift – Operate Forklift Truck
TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
This course is for people seeking the knowledge and skills required to apply for a licence to operate a forklift truck.
The course includes a working knowledge of:
- workplace health & safety, other legal obligations, duty of care and safe operating practices
- calculating the factors that affect the stability of loads
- identifying the component parts of attachments and handling precautions
- inspecting and conducting safety and pre-start checks
- operating a forklift truck
- stacking and de-stacking a load
- loading and unloading a vehicle
- refuelling/recharging a forklift.
training & assessment
SMT’s training and assessment is very practical, is conducted in a classroom environment and on work site.
Day 1 focuses on theory and day 2 on practical skills and assessment, activities include:
- written assessments of underpinning knowledge
- calculations assessment
- verbal assessments of understanding of actions
- completing practical activities using a forklift
things you need to know
For eligible Tasmanian residents, this training is subsidised by the Department of State Growth, Tasmania.
In order to enrol in this course, participants must be at least 18 years of age and a current driver’s licence is required to operate a forklift on a public road or public property.
This is a 3 day course, run between 9am – 5pm.
All participants are required to attend the first day. On the first day, you will be scheduled for one of the remaining days to complete the practical component of the course.
equipment & materials
All of the equipment, training and assessment materials that participants need will be provided by SMT.
Participants must bring their own writing materials and their own work-style clothing and enclosed footwear.
your new credentials
Participants who successfully complete all of the assessments will receive a nationally-recognised Statement of Attainment for
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
Participants will also be eligible for a Forklift Operators Licence issued by Service Tasmania following completion of the Licence to Perform High Risk Work Application Form, providing ID as requested
and paying a licence fee to Service Tasmania.
For full details got to www.worksafe.tas.gov.au